31 Dec Happy New Year from SmartMLS
A message from SmartMLS CEO Kathy Elson
Thank you for your support this year and for being a part of the SmartMLS family! What you do every day as a real estate professional continues to play an important supportive role in Connecticut’s economic recovery. Despite the hurdles 2020 threw at all of us, the real estate market continues to be hot.
The housing market is largely being driven by two factors: a shortage of available housing inventory and extremely low-interest rates. We have seen double-digit annual growth in both list and sale prices – a sign of an extreme lack of inventory and incredible demand. It looks like real estate in 2021 will continue to be busy.
SmartMLS finishes off 2020 with over 19,000 real estate professionals as part of its family. Some thought the pandemic would shut our industry down, but it didn’t. We adapted. We learned to do things virtually, and closings continued to take place. SmartMLS and CTR leadership were on calls, zoom meetings and emails collaborating to protect you and our collective business.
Staff huddled almost daily to stay current on events and plan ways to reach you with information. And even though we had to change directions occasionally we are able to celebrate a successful year. Some key highlights include the following:
- We’re very proud of our ability to provide uninterrupted service to you this past year. Resolving over 120,000 support tickets and answering tens of thousands of phone calls and we’ve done so from our homes and from our new consolidated office at 55 Old Gate Lane in Milford.
- Thank you for making our first ever Virtual Town Hall and Annual Meeting successful! Our first Virtual Town Hall was held in November and our Virtual Annual Meeting in December. This remote format proved extremely popular and we saw a great increase in registrations. While we cannot wait to get back together again in person, this showed us a way we can cast an even wider net to increase collaboration and participation.
- We expanded our remote training opportunities by increasing the available classes by 500 percent and adding virtual office visits.
- We also added new tools and services to keep you moving forward like Rentspree, available at NO COST to SmartMLS Subscribers, that collects online rental applications and screens tenants in one step.
- We announced enhancements to existing products. First, you can now run Market Reports in Matrix that allow you to analyze yearly market comparisons. And finally, the FastStats program has been enhanced to provide weekly updates! Up to this point, FastStats reports would come out on a monthly basis. However, because this year has been one of the busiest in memory for the Real Estate industry in Connecticut, we have partnered with FastStats to increase the frequency of reports to give SmartMLS Subscribers an edge.
We’ve faced a mountain of challenges in 2020. As we celebrate the New Year, we not only reflect on a difficult year, but look forward to renewal in the year to come. From all of us at SmartMLS, we wish you a safe and happy 2021! Thank you for your support as we continue to make SmartMLS the best it can be.