The Multiple Listing Service is a complex database of listings entered directly by Real Estate professionals and acts as a trading platform to buy and sell Real Estate properties.
When a property is on the market for sale, it is added to the database and tracked through the sales transaction cycle – for example, when an offer is accepted by the seller and the property closes escrow, this is known as a ‘status change’ in the MLS system.
All this information provides a real-time database for real estate professionals to know precisely when a property is available for sale at any given moment and precisely when a property sells and for what price.
Interestingly, the MLS is the very source that provides the listing feeds to Participant Broker sites and other distribution channels like HomeSnap, Zillow Group and Realtor.com so they have accurate Real Estate listings.
Data Feed Options
SmartMLS,Inc. provides MLS Datafeeds to brokerage offices and for companies offering products and services that help our subscribers in their business. Here are some data options available to you as a Participant/Subscriber to SmartMLS, Inc.
Available Options & Resources
- Broker/Participant who provides a consumer facing website to market their agents’ listings and attract consumers to use their services.
- IDX data service allows for the display of on market listing inventory such as listings that are in the Active or Show status.
- IDX data service also allows for the display of Sold information up to 36 months after closing date.
- This data service provides most property details and contains all listIngs from brokers that are opted into the IDX Program
- This data service is a public facing access with no login required. Allows for general statistics and AVMs on the available data.
- Broker/Participant who provides a client facing website to further enhance the broker-client relationship for their agents
- This type of data service allows for the display of on market listing inventory such as listings that are in the Active or Show status.
- VOW data service also allows for the display of Sold information up to 36 months after closing date.
- This data service provides most property details excluding data that is confidential for example expiration dates and commission information. The VOW data option contains all listings with no consideration of IDX opt out.
- VOW data service requires a login and has strict requirements for demonstrating broker-client relationship.
- Broker/Participant or vendor providing a real estate service tool such as back office system.
- This type of vendor builds agent facing products or services.
- This data service provides access to all data of all property types, all property statues and all property details. Vendor products are restricted to SOLD listing information back 36 months.
- This data package offers all historical listings.
- This data service requires login with strict requirements
*MLS Disclaimer: The data relating to real estate for sale on this website appears in part through the SMARTMLS Internet Data Exchange program, a voluntary cooperative exchange of property listing data between licensed real estate brokerage firms, and is provided by SMARTMLS through a licensing agreement. Listing information is from various brokers who participate in the SMARTMLS IDX program and not all listings may be visible on the site. The property information being provided on or through the website is for the personal, non-commercial use of consumers and such information may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Some properties which appear for sale on the website may no longer be available because they are for instance, under contract, sold or are no longer being offered for sale. Property information displayed is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. Copyright 2021 SmartMLS, Inc.
SmartMLS Logo PNG Format:
SmartMLS Logo JPG Format:
The Real Estate Standards Organization
Real Estate Standards Organization, or RESO, was incorporated in November 2011 as an independent, not-for-profit trade organization that was previously a section of the National Association of REALTORS®.
RESO actively develops, adopts and implements open and accepted data standards and processes across all real estate transactions. RESO provides an environment for the development and implementation of data standards and processes that facilitate software innovation, ensures portability, eliminates redundancies and obtains maximum efficiencies for all parties participating in real estate transactions.