Schedule of Fees and Charges
MLS Subscriber Fees are invoiced Semi Annually (every 6 months) and in advance in the amount of $157.56. Our cycles run May-October and November-April. Fees are due within 30 days of the invoice date.
- Payments are due within 30 days of the invoice date with an additional 15-day grace period.
- Payments not received within 45 days of the invoice date will be subjected to a $25 late fee and suspension of all MLS services
- All SmartMLS Subscriber Fees are non-refundable and cannot be waived after the billing period has started.
- Once a subscriber is suspended, we will reach out to their brokers for payment.
- The broker will receive an additional 15 days from the suspension date to collect payments from the subscribers outstanding.
- If payment is not received within 15 days from the suspension date, the Participant’s entire office(s) will be suspended from MLS services. The Designated Broker of the office will then be assessed a $250.00 reactivation fee.
Key Fees and Others Fees
Here’s a list of all MLS fees in addition to their Semi-Annual Subscriber fee that may apply to Participants and Subscribers:
- Electronic Key Fee $84.67 – This fee is only for members that purchase an Electronic Key directly from SmartMLS. This is billed semi-annually (every 6 months) with MLS Subscriber fees of $157.56
- Application Fee $200.00 – This fee is charged to Brokers opening or reactivating an office with SmartMLS.
- Late fee $25.00 – If there is a failure to pay subscriber fees within 45 days of the invoice date, then a $25.00 late fee will be assessed. See Section 3.4 Late/Reinstatement Fee in our Rules and Regulations.
- Office Reactivation Fee $250.00 – This fee is assessed if a broker’s office is suspended for nonpayment. See Section 3.3 Reinstatement Fee in our Rules and Regulations.
Account Changes, Reactivations & Cancellations
All SmartMLS Participants and Subscribers are responsible for notifying SmartMLS of any changes in status, contact information, board affiliation and/or office changes in a timely manner.
If you wish to change your contact information (for example: email, phone, etc.) you can update this information directly from your Smart Agent Profile. For instructions Click here.
To transfer an office affiliation within the MLS service, a new Subscriber Application needs to be submitted. Simply check the box at the top of the form stated transfer and complete the form in its entirety. This form must be sign by the Head Broker or Office Manager of whom the subscriber is transferring too. We do not charge a transfer fee.
If you are a Participant closing your office and transferring service to another brokerage, the Participant will need to submit an Office Deletion Form along with a Subscriber Application. This form must be sign by the Head Broker or Office Manager of whom the Participant is now transferring too.
To reactivate with SmartMLS, a new Subscriber Application needs to be submitted. Simply check the box at the top of the form stated Reactivation and complete the form in its entirety. Payment that is due at the time of reactivation will also need to be submitted. Please note: If a Subscriber reactivates within the same billing cycle, he/she deleted in, the full amount of $157.56 will be due. If not, please refer to our billing chart for fees due on the month of your reactivation including a $25 reinstatement fee.
If a Participant is reactivating their office with SmartMLS, a new Participation Application will need to be submitted including the $200.00 application fee plus applicable subscriber fees that are due at that time. Please note: If a Participant reactivates within the same billing cycle, he/she deleted in, the full amount of $157.56 will be due. If not, please refer to our billing chart for fees due on the month of reactivation.
To cancel a SmartMLS Subscription a Participant or Subscriber must fall between one of the following requirements:
- A Subscribers CT Real Estate license is moved into Referral Status. (CT Real Estate license must show IN REFERRAL on the DCP website before we can inactivate service)
- A Subscriber is no longer in the real estate business (CT Real Estate license must show INACTIVE on the DCP website before we can inactivate service)
- A Subscriber is affiliated with an office outside of the SmartMLS primary service area and we are the subscribers secondary MLS
- Medical/Military – Under this status the Participant or Subscriber will not be able to access the MLS. We will notate the Participant or Subscribers account with medical or military reasons. A Waiver Form will need to be completed and signed by the broker.
- A Participant is closing his/her office. (The Participant will need to complete an Office Deletion Form)
If the Subscriber falls withing the above requirements, a Member Delete Form will need to be completed and signed by the broker. If a subscriber does not fall within the above requirements, please reach out to SmartMLS for assistance.
Refer to this chart for a detailed schedule of fees and charges that are based on the month in which you join SmartMLS.